Date: May 24-25, 2012
Venue: Lithuanian Energy Institute, Kaunas, Lithuania
One of the main goals of this 9th annual conference is the discussion on the future perspectives on energy issues and the endeavour of the perfection of young scientists.
Ph. D. students, postdocs, master students and all other young scientists doing research on energy issues are very welcome to the conference as speakers.
The conference will be held in Kaunas, the city of sports and universities, located in the confluence of the rivers Neris and Nemunas. The city is unique in terms of its history, geographical position and landscape. It is the grand center of science, culture, industry and entertainment. Kaunas is full of significant architectural and historical monuments and boasts a small but pretty old town, the longest pedestrian street in Eastern Europe and Lithuania’s only funicular railway.
- Hydrogen and fuel cells
- Renewable energy sources and their use
- Smart energy networks
- Energy efficiency and savings
- Knowledge for energy policy making
- Investigations in the fields of thermal physics, fluid mechanics and metrology
- Nanosciences and nanotechnologies, investigations on multifunction materials
- Investigations of combustion and plasma processes
- Global change and ecosystems
- Fusion energy
- Nuclear fission and radiation protection
Main conference goals
- To provide an opportunity to present the up-to-date research results and to familiarise with the colleagues’ research
- To provide an opportunity to make contacts with the colleagues from Lithuanian and foreign scientific research institutions
- To provide an opportunity to get the review (prepared by the senior researchers) on the paper submitted
- To provide an opportunity to review the papers of other conference participants
- To develop the skills of the young scientist to present their own ideas and research results, discuss over various scientific topics